Cold Rock Ice Creamery



Shop 1, 453 Dean St, Albury 2640 NSW
Date visited: 27th September 2012

Work brought me to Albury and I was wandering around exploring, just passing time and looking around at the little cafes and eateries along Dean St.  I had lots of time to kill before my train home, so I went out hunting for something to eat.  

I don't think we have a Cold Rock Ice Creamery anywhere near the CBD - the closest would probably be off in St Kilda.  So when I saw Cold Rock along Dean Street on that obnoxiously hot and windy day, I decided to forgo having lunch like a normal person and have a cup of ice cream instead.

You get to choose your favourite ice cream flavour, mix in any lollies, fruits or chocolates and then smash it together in your ice cream.

There were so many flavours I didn't know what to choose.  In the end, I decided to go for peanut butter ice cream and mixed a brownie into it :)
Regular cup $5.90
Add chocolates $0.90 each
It was yummy - creamy and peanut buttery with chewy bits of brownie interspersed inside, although I wished the brownie had been more chocolatey.  I also loved the fact that the ice cream was put in these paper cups that were so reminiscent of childhood days... I always loved scooping the melting ice cream from the corners near the cup - my favourite bits.

Delicious.  Who doesn't love ice cream on a hot, blustery day?


0 comments:

Post a Comment