Fandango 2

97 Errol St, North Melbourne 3051
Visited: 14th Dec 2011

A food blogger crime was committed today.  MerlinFan and I came to Fandango again, for the second time in less than two months, and this time, we brought company - Scimitar and our parents.

Today I had the mocha, since I had the latte last time.  The mocha was good, although I would have liked it if it were slightly more chocolatey.  My father had the jasmine tea - he thought it was hilarious (don't forget very masculine) that it arrived in a cute teapot with a orange and blue tea cosy with pom pom. LOL.

Mocha

Latte
Jasmine Tea
We are usually not big eaters so we decided to order four dishes and share amongst the five of us.  As promised, I had the stack of three pancakes topped with fruit compote, strawberries, honeyed cream cheese and maple syrup.


Pancakes $15.00
Looks amazing, doesn't it?  And it tasted every bit as good as it looked.  The pancakes were light and fluffy with slight crispiness at the edges.  The best part of the whole dish was the honeyed cream cheese, I reckon - it tasted exactly as its name suggests, a fusion of honey and cream cheese in the best possible way.  The fruit compote was made out of rhubarb and pears, and although as mentioned previously I'm not a huge fan of rhubarb, the tartness of the rhubarb balanced out the honeyed cream cheese and maple syrup of this dish quite well, so it wasn't too sickeningly sweet.  Everyone had a bit of this dish, and although we all liked it, my mother pointed out that she liked the pancakes at Pancake Parlour better.

Here's another closeup of this beautiful dish.  Look at the huge juicy strawberries and pears dusted in icing sugar (and oh, the one random blueberry LOL)


My parents had the avocado and tomato with basil pesto and cracked pepper on toasted sourdough with bacon and poached eggs.  I didn't have a taste of this dish, but the two eggs were perfectly poached, with the eggs beautifully runny in the middle :)


Avocado, tomato on sourdough with bacon and poached eggs $19.50
Of course, MerlinFan loved the french toast so much the other day she ordered it again.  Obviously, no need to reiterate what she thought of that.  Here's another picture of the dish. 

French toast
Scimitar had the pesto scrambled eggs that I had the other day (and recommended to the others).  As I've always been more of a savoury breakfast person, I had a case of momentary food envy, and could not resist stealing a bite off his plate.  LOL.  It was just every bit as good as the other day.  Happy sigh.

A very filling breakfast.  Lots of oohs and aahs at the generous portions of the dishes.  Overall, I'm very happy to have found Fandango and have it within walking distance for when I have a craving for a nice coffee and brekkie/brunch.




0 comments:

Post a Comment